Do you believe in sisterhood? Do you believe that as women we are stronger when are supporting each other? Our sisterhood necklace is inspired by an African tradition that celebrates the beauty, creative force and power of the feminine and a strong symbol to wear over your heart.
Its shape evokes the dolls of the Ashanti people, in Ghana. Originally carved in wood, these dolls were handed down from mother to daughter before marriage. It is said that they promoted the fertility of those who carried and cared for them, and ensured the birth of a beautiful, healthy child.
Why we love it
- Daily expression of your inner beauty and creative power, and your connection with all the women of the world in a caring sorority.
- Perfect gift idea for the women that you love in your life.
- Pendant and chain: 18k plated gold, 18k plated rose gold or silver-tone brass.
Made in France
We Care for Children and Families.
Not only is Maison Mabé dedicated to the wellbeing of mums everywhere, but we are also a profit for good business. We donate 50% of its earning to not-for-profit partners the Murdoch Children’s Research Institute (MCRI) and St Kilda Mums. Together, these organisations provide support for women, families and children, ensuring their safety, health and well being through their invaluable programs.
St Kilda Mums was founded in 2009 by a group of 5 mums. Their vision is to make sure children and families are happy, healthy and safe. This is possible when families can provide their children with the best possible foundation in life. To do so, they collect, sort and redistribute essential nursery equipment, clothing, books and toys for babies and school age children.
MCRI specialises in discoveries that transform the health of children and is the largest child health research institute in Australia and one of the top three worldwide for research quality and impact. Maison Mabé's donations allow MCRI to seed fund groundbreaking research into some of the most significant health issues currently affecting Australian children, including allergies, asthma, cancer, diabetes, premature birth, obesity, genetic diseases and mental health. MCRI shares a campus with The Royal Children’s Hospital and works closely with the hospital as a Campus partner.
We Care for the Planet.
And at the core of all Maison Mabé’s business decisions is a commitment to care for the planet. Dedicated to sustainable practices, Maison Mabé work to minimise their carbon footprint, purchasing gold standard carbon offsets from the South Pole for all carbon emissions that cannot be eliminated.
Some of the steps that we take to minimise our carbon footprint include:
- All our cardboard and paper packaging is made of recycled material and we are actively encouraging our suppliers to do the same.
- Our printed material uses organic based non toxic inks and production is solar powered.
- We stay away from plastic, especially single use plastic.
- Maison Mabé's finances are held with an ethical bank that doesn’t invest in the fossil fuels, gambling, arms, tobacco and live export industries.
- Our shipping partner operations are 100% carbon neutral.
- Our skincare and herbal tea ranges are organic.