Natural Nipple Shields
- Protecting nipples from friction with your clothes.
- Organic and natural solution to cracked nipples.
- Fresh and soothing feeling.
Who would have known that one the most effective nipple shield could be so simple as a natural sea shell? Not me.
This wasn't until I experienced painfully cracked nipples and my french midwife at the time recommended a natural sea shell: the polished shell rests softly against the nipple, protecting it from friction with your clothes.
The Natural Nipple Shield keeps the nipples hydrated and protected thanks to a constant contact with breast milk and its well recognised healing properties.
This inner layer of the shell is known as nacre, also called ‘mother of pearl’, has a shiny, pearly appearance. In this layer lies another secret of the Natural Nipple Protector. Against your skin the nacre has a very fresh and soothing effect that will be very appreciated after a breastfeed.
Why we love it
- Organic and natural solution to cracked nipples, no need to wipe anything before a breastfeed.
- Very fresh and soothing feeling.
- Surprisingly good looking too, you will feel like the ultimate beach babe ;)
- Manually polished and selected in Australia.
- SMALL: Shells measuring between 5 and 5.5cm / your areola is less than 5cm
- MEDIUM: Shells between 5.5 and 6cm / your areola is between 5 and 6cm
- LARGE: Shells between 6 and 7cm / your areola is between 6 and 7cm
How to use
- Express a couple of breast milk drop onto your nipples after a feed then place the Natural Nipple Protector on the areola before fitting your bra back.
- Wash before first use in soapy water before rinsing thoroughly. After the first use, wash daily your Natural Nipple Protector. Do not boil or use vinegar to clean the shells.
- Please contact your health professional in case of cracks, fungal infections or infection.
- Do not use if you are allergic to nacre or shellfish.
- Do not leave within reach of baby and children.
When will my order arrive?
- Standard Shipping: you can expect to receive your order within 3-5 business days.
- Express Shipping: If you are in a hurry, pick express shipping at checkout for a delivery within 2 business days.
- Overnight Shipping: for extra speedy service, pick overnight delivery at checkout.
- Please note that we aim to dispatch all orders within same business day if ordered before 12pm and orders are leaving from Melbourne or Sydney.
- You will receive tracking details by email once your order has shipped.
How much is shipping?
- Australia: We offer complimentary shipping on orders over $75. For all orders below $75, shipping is a flat $8.
- New-Zealand: Complimentary shipping on orders over $75 excluding Nursery Furniture products. For all orders below $75, shipping is a flat $8.
- Other countries: Shipping costs are calculated at checkout.
Which courier services do you use?
All orders are shipped using Australia Post for standard and express delivery. We also offer the option of selecting StarTrack or TNT at checkout for overnight delivery.
Where do you ship to?
We ship to Australia and New Zealand.
Where will my order be shipped from?
All orders are shipped from Melbourne except Wall Decals which are shipped from Sydney.
I entered my shipping address incorrectly. What should I do?
There is a small window to get your shipping address corrected after you have placed your order. Simply send in an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and correct shipping address and we will aim to update your information right away.
How can I return my purchase?
We hope that you will love and treasure your Maison Mabe order, however if something isn't quite right, please contact us. We have a free 30-days return policy.
Please note that for food safety reasons we are unable to accept return of our Skincare, Herbal Teas and Cookie range.
Want to chat some more?
Need some help or need a friendly ear? Drop us an email at email@example.com
We care for women and their families
50% Profits donated to associations
Not only is Maison Mabé dedicated to the wellbeing of mums everywhere, but we are also a profit for good business. We donate 50% of its earning to not-for-profit partners the Murdoch Children’s Research Institute (MCRI) and St Kilda Mums. Together, these organisations provide support for women, families and children, ensuring their safety, health and well being through their invaluable programs.
St Kilda Mums was founded in 2009 by a group of 5 mums. Their vision is to make sure children and families are happy, healthy and safe. This is possible when families can provide their children with the best possible foundation in life. To do so, they collect, sort and redistribute essential nursery equipment, clothing, books and toys for babies and school age children.
MCRI specialises in discoveries that transform the health of children and is the largest child health research institute in Australia and one of the top three worldwide for research quality and impact. Maison Mabé's donations allow MCRI to seed fund ground-breaking research into some of the most significant health issues currently affecting Australian children, including allergies, asthma, cancer, diabetes, premature birth, obesity, genetic diseases and mental health. MCRI shares a campus with The Royal Children’s Hospital and works closely with the hospital as a Campus partner.
We care for the planet by being carbon neutral.
And at the core of all Maison Mabé’s business decisions is a commitment to care for the planet. Dedicated to sustainable practices, Maison Mabé work to minimise their carbon footprint, purchasing gold standard carbon offsets from the South Pole for all carbon emissions that cannot be eliminated.
Some of the steps that we take to minimise our carbon footprint include:
- All our cardboard and paper packaging is made of recycled material and we are actively encouraging our suppliers to do the same.
- Our printed material uses organic based non toxic inks and production is solar powered.
- We stay away from plastic, especially single use plastic.
- Maison Mabé's finances are held with an ethical bank that doesn’t invest in the fossil fuels, gambling, arms, tobacco and live export industries.
- Our shipping partner operations are 100% carbon neutral.
- Our skincare and herbal tea ranges are organic.
Natural Nipple Shields
Simple, natural and reusable way to soothe the nipples after each feed and avoid friction. The cold feeling of the shells is perfect! I’ve just started using them, and very happy with this product so far!